Enlisting in the military first means gaining the opportunity to retire earlier, have college paid for and potentially avoiding student loans. On the other hand, graduating from college first and then enlisting may allow you to start off at a higher rank and pay grade, with more opportunities for leadership roles.
What is the best benefits of joining the military
- Enlistment bonuses of up to $50K.
- High quality, low or no cost health care.
- Better rates on home loans.
- Retirement and pension plan options.
What degree is best for the military
- Strategic Intelligence.
- Criminal Justice.
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Political Science.
- Healthcare – Nursing, Biology, Radiology.
- Theology (military chaplains)
What are the minimum requirements to join the military
- Age: Between 17-35 years old.
- Medical, Moral, Physical: Medically and physically fit, and in good moral standing.
- Citizenship: A U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a valid Green Card.
- Education: A high school graduate or equivalent.
- Test Score: A minimum score on the Army’s placement exam.
What is the #1 reason people join the military
Some people join the military because they want for a sense of purpose. Being a part of something bigger than yourself and feeling like you are contributing to something good is a common reason to join the military.
Is the military harder than college
Whether the military is tougher than college depends on the individual. A life of service may prove to be extremely difficult for some and an ideal fit for others, just as college life may be academically stressful and challenging to some and easy to others.
What are 3 cons of joining the military?
- It can be a dangerous job.
- You can be away from loved ones.
- It’s physically demanding.
- Military life is highly structured.
- It’s a huge commitment.
What is the best age to join the military
Is joining the military even worth it
Some of the most popular benefits of joining the US military is the job training, educational assistance, steady paycheck, health coverage, and housing benefits. See a full list of the benefits here.
What jobs pay well in the military
- Air Crew Officers.
- Aircraft Launch and Recovery Officers.
- Armored Assault Vehicle Officers.
- Artillery and Missile Officers.
- Command and Control Center Officers.
- Infantry Officers.
- Special Forces Officers.
- Military Officer Special and Tactical Operations Leaders.
Do military careers pay well
Base pay for a new enlistee comes out to $20,340 per year, but they’ll earn more as they gain experience and rank. Most service members also receive allowances for housing, food, uniforms, and job-specific bonuses, many of which are not taxed.
What is the highest paid military job
The highest-paid military job is a general or admiral.
Generals and admirals average approximately $197,000 regardless of the branch of the military. These high-paying salaries are quite plush compared to the roughly $20,000 a year that a private earns.
What you Cannot join the military
There are many specific medical conditions that may disqualify you from joining the U.S. Military. These include conditions like depression, bipolar disorder, epilepsy, heart issues, Asperger’s, and PTSD.
What is the easiest military to join
- The US Air Force is considered the easiest military branch overall.
- The US Army is considered the easiest military branch to get into, Image: Wikimedia.org.
- Air Force basic training is considered the easiest out of all of the military branches.
- The US Air Force is considered the easiest branch for women.
What IQ do you need to join the military
Applicants are required by military regulation to have a percentile score on a standardized test called the ASVAB that is 31 or more, which is roughly comparable to an IQ score on the Stanford-Binet scale of a little bit less than 92, for high school graduates seeking to enter the Army or Navy (other services have more
What are 3 advantages of entering the military after high school
- Improve your leadership and teamwork skills.
- Provide you with a structured, disciplined way of doing things.
- Build your character in a setting more akin to the real world and that offers more hands-on education in these areas than a classroom can provide.
What are 3 disadvantages of entering the military after high school
- Separation from loved ones.
- No quitting military service.
- Physical appearance and grooming.
- It’s not about you anymore.
- Physical fitness standards.
- Free healthcare.
- Education requirements.
Does being in the military make you better?
One of the reasons military life makes you a better person is because you start to reflect on your past and the choices you’ve made throughout your life. Military rejuvenates your sense of optimism and passion to achieve lifelong goals.
Should I join the military after high school
Serving in the military after high school is likely to help you: Improve your leadership and teamwork skills. Provide you with a structured, disciplined way of doing things. Build your character in a setting more akin to the real world and that offers more hands-on education in these areas than a classroom can provide.
Is Army basic training hard
Army Basic Training is both physically and mentally demanding, but knowing what to expect before you get there will help you start off on the right foot for your Army journey. And at some point during basic, you’ll be grateful for any leg up you can get.
Is military life hard
Military life results in uncertainty and breaks in routine, which can cause family members to experience high anxiety, depression, PTSD and long-term mental health and wellness injuries. Many spouses feel it will hurt their military partner’s chances of promotion if they would seek help for stress or depression.
Can I go to college and join the military
Can You Go to College While in the Military, on Active Duty? Yes! Many individuals worry that they have to choose between the military and college, when deciding their future path. The truth is, you can pursue both—and there are even benefits to doing so.
Why leaving the military is so hard
The military provides a sense of purpose, well-defined roles and hierarchy, camaraderie, honor and mission – things that can be hard to find or define in the civilian world. So when our veterans transition out of the military, it can spark a loss of identity and meaning of life.
Do people have fun in the military
There are plenty of on-base entertainment resources available to service members and their families: gyms, movie theaters, bowling alleys, parks and more. In addition to facilities, the Military also works with Armed Forces Entertainment to bring exclusive entertainment shows.
Is Army Life luxurious
Yes, financial aspects of being an officer in the army do look like an officer leads a luxurious life, but he presents you a different take on the whole thing – the life which an officer lives the same as his subordinates.
Is 22 too late to join the military
ENLISTED. You must be 17–39 years of age, a U.S. citizen and have a high school diploma, GED with 15 college credits or GED.
Is 25 too late to join the military
You can join the Army from ages 17 up to and including 34, making the Army take up the middle of the age range compared to other branches. An opposite option compared to the Navy is the Army. Army bases are traditionally inland rather than along the coast.
How old is the youngest military
The youngest of these enlistees was a 12-year-old Texas boy named Calvin Graham, who was decorated for bravery and for injuries at Guadalcanal. Calvin Leon Graham was born on , in Canton, east of Dallas. He was one of seven children in a troubled family that faced many hardships.
Is joining the Army at 18 a good idea?
At 18, and with better qualifications, you get more army jobs to choose from (and more jobs in the RAF and navy too). You’re more likely to be promoted through the ranks, with more pay each time. You’ll be stronger – inside and out – and better able to deal with whatever the army throws at you.
How do you know if the military is right for you?
- Best Fitness.
- Personal Initiative.
- Plan Your Recruiter Visit.
- Gather Medical Records.
- Ace the ASVAB — Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.
- Best Behavior.
- A Higher Discipline.
Is 20 years in the military worth it
In fact, it’s a tremendous asset with significant value. For the average retiring officer (let’s say an O5 with 20 years), the military pension amount is valued at well over a million dollars.
What is the best job in the world
- Lego sculptor.
- Island Caretaker.
- Shark Tank Cleaner.
- Professional Sleeper.
- Submarine cook.
- Airplane repo-man.
- White hat hacker.
- Bounty hunter.
How can I be successful in the military?
- Pay Attention. Remember, you are fresh out of basic, which means you have no clue what you are doing.
- Educate Yourself. Free promotions stop at E-4.
- Relax, but
- Keep Your Affairs in Order.
- Motivation vs.
- The Rumor Mill.
- Not Like Me.
- No Excuses.