U.S. Army: “This We’ll Defend”
As the oldest branch of the U.S. military, the U.S. Army’s motto is steeped in a long history of service to this country. The phrase “This We’ll Defend” was first used by the War Office of the Continental Army during the American Revolution in 1778.
What is the best military quote?
- The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. –
- Fortune favours the brave. –
- Marines don’t cry. –
- The army is the true nobility of our country. –
- War is too important to be left to the generals. –
- A safe army is better than a safe border. –
What is the slogan of soldier?
Espirit-de-Corps The spirit of comradeship and brotherhood of the brave, regardless of caste, creed or religion. The motto is, “One for all and all for one”!
What are the sayings to motivate a US Army?
Inspirational Military Quotes
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it. The truth is that you always know the right thing to do. The tough part is doing it.
What do US Army soldiers say?
Hooah /ˈhuːɑː/ is a battle cry used by members of the United States Army, U.S. Air Force, and U.S. Space Force.
What are 5 famous quotes?
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. –
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. –
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
- If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. –
What are good military mottos?
- “The Worst is Yet to Come” – 1st Special Service Force.
- “Retreat, Hell” – 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines.
- “De Oppresso Liber” – U.S. Army Special Forces.
- “Who Dares, Wins” – SAS.
- “Death Waits in the Dark” – 160th SOAR.
- “Surprise, Kill and Vanish” – Jedburghs.
What is the most famous line?
- “ May the Force be with you.” – Star Wars, 1977.
- “ There’s no place like home.” – The Wizard of Oz, 1939.
- “ I’m the king of the world!” –
- “ Carpe diem.
- “ Elementary, my dear Watson.” –
- “ It’s alive!
- “ My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.
- “ I’ll be back.” –
What are the 7 military values?
Army: Loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage.
What is the soldier’s oath?
“I, ____________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the
What is soldier’s Creed?
I serve the people of the United States, and live the Army Values. I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit.
What is military talk?
Also known as military slang, this jargon is a “set of colloquial terms which are unique to or which originated with military personnel. They are often abbreviations or derivatives of the NATO Phonetic Alphabet, or otherwise incorporating aspects of formal military concepts and terms.
How do you praise a soldier?
- We all love you so much! Stay safe and keep in touch – we read all your letters!
- We can’t wait to see you again, but we all know you’re working hard keeping us safe.
- Everyone here is so proud of your service.
- I was thinking about you all day today.
- We had your best friend over for dinner last night.
What is military courage?
While physical courage is a matter of enduring physical duress and, at times, risking personal safety, the Army defines moral courage as facing a fear or adversity that is often associated with continuing on the right path, especially if taking action is not popular with others.
What motivates a soldier to fight?
Four main motivations to fight
fear of being punished by their superiors if they disobey orders; shame of letting down their fellow soldiers; anger directed towards an attacker; and. enthusiasm for a cause that makes them willing to risk their lives.
What is the most famous war quote?
1. “This is a war to end all wars.” President Woodrow Wilson made the saying famous, but he was not the first one who used it. The British futurist writer and social commentator H.G. Wells invented the phrase.
What are some Army chants?
- MARCHING CADENCES. Pebbles and Bam Bam.
- These Boots. These boots were made for walkin’ And that’s just what they’ll do If all you’re doing is markin’ time They’ll walk all over you.
- Everywhere I Go.
- Follow Me.
- Hit the ground with American pride.
- Sat me in that barber’s chair.
- Delay cadence.
- They Say That in the Army.
What are some military mottos?
- Air Force. Aim High …
- Army. This We’ll Defend.
- Army Special Forces. De Oppresso Liber – To Liberate the Oppressed.
- Coast Guard. Semper Paratus – Always Ready.
- Marine Corps. Semper Fidelis – Always Faithful.
- Space Force.
What is a powerful quote?
- 1) Success is No Accident.
- 2) Success is Not Final, Failure is Not Fatal: it is the Courage to Continue that Counts.
- 3) Don’t Count the Days, Make the Days Count.
- 4) He Who is Not Courageous Enough to Take Risks Will Accomplish Nothing in Life.
- 5) Don’t Wait for Opportunity, Create it.
Who is the strongest quote?
- “Complaining is truly my strongest weakness.”
- “I am strong
- “The kind of love which makes us stand against everyone and defend a stranger is the strongest one.”
- “The strongest person is not the one who is able to do something, but the one who is able not to do what he has the power to do.
Who is most powerful quote?
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Gandhi.
- “Everybody is a genius.
- “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw.
What are the 4 Army values?
Live up to Army values.
Honor is a matter of carrying out, acting, and living the values of respect, duty, loyalty, selfless service, integrity and personal courage in everything you do.
What are the 6 Army values?
- values & standards.
- SELFLESS COMMITMENT.
- FIND WHERE YOU BELONG.
- Faiths in the Army.
- Being a parent in the Army.
What are the 8 Army values?
- Loyalty. Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, the Army, your unit and other Soldiers.
- Duty. Fulfill your obligations.
- Respect. Treat people as they should be treated.
- Selfless Service.
- Personal Courage.
What is the strongest short quote?
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.”
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference.
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.”
- “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.”
- “Limit your ‘always’ and your ‘nevers’.”
What are 5 positive quotes?
- “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.”
- “Nothing is impossible.
- “There is nothing impossible to they who will try.”
- “The bad news is time flies.
- “Life has got all those twists and turns.
- “Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.”
What are 2 inspirational quotes?
- “Do the best you can.
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” ―Theodore Roosevelt.
- ‘It’s never too late to be what you might’ve been.” ―George Eliot.
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” ―Walt Disney.
- “Trust yourself that you can do it and get it.” ―Baz Luhrmann.
What are the 5 pillars of the Army?
The Army Profession is defined by its essential characteristics: Trust, Honorable Service, Military Expertise, Stewardship, and Esprit de Corps.
What are the 10 soldiers rules?
- #1. Soldiers fight only Military combatants.
- #2. Soldiers do not harm enemies who surrender.
- #3. Soldiers do not kill or torture any personnel in their custody.
- #4. Soldiers collect and care for the wounded, whether friend or foe.
- #5. Soldiers do not attack medical personnel, facilities, or equipment.
What are the 3 Army attributes?
These attributes include character, presence, and intellect and are supported by three core competencies; leads, develops, and achieves. This model is informed by history, scientific research, and what works best for the Army in achieving its goals.
What is the old Army slogan?
“Army of One” was a relatively short-lived recruiting slogan. It replaced the popular “Be All You Can Be” and was replaced in 2006 by the new slogan “Army Strong”. The reason for the replacement, states Frank Luntz, is that the slogan “Army of One” is contrary to the idea of teamwork.
What is the soldier’s prayer?
Oh God of Our Fathers, bless our efforts to provide the “Armament for Peace” and protect us if we must answer the call to arms to defend our faith, our liberty and our freedom. Teach us not to mourn those who have died in the service of the Corps, but rather to gain strength from the fact that such heroes have lived.