1. The Panhellenic Federation of Military Unions – POMENS, must inform its thousands of members as well as all the executives of the E.D. for non-existent publications that have seen the light of day in the last period of time and which allegedly concern the increase of the age limits to 40 years of actual pensionable service.
2. We must inform you that with article 20 of Law 3865/10, the pensionable years required for leaving the Armed Forces were regulated, and the separation of old and new insured was made, AS FOR THE EXIT FROM THE ARMED FORCES WITH THE RIGHT OF DIRECT RETIREMENT.
a. Pension rights of members of the Armed Forces and the Security Forces, which have been established or will be established until 31 December 2010, are not affected by their remaining in service after this date and any pension changes during this period do not affect their retirement conditions, the method of calculation, as well as the time of commencement of payment of their pension.
b. For the officers of the Armed Forces and Security Forces who establish a pension right within the year 2011, the obligation of pensionable service is increased by one and a half (1 1/2) additional years. For those who establish a pension right in 2012, the pensionable service obligation increases by three (3) additional years. For those who establish a pension right in 2013, the pensionable service obligation increases by four and a half (4 additional years and for those who establish a pension right in 2014, the pensionable service obligation increases by six (6) additional years.
c. For those who establish a pension right until 31.12.2014, the method of calculating the pension, in terms of the personnel categories of paragraphs a and b, is regulated by the provisions of article 42 of the Code of Civil and Military Pensions (p.d. 169/2007) and of article 1 of Law 3029/2002. For those who establish a pension right from 1.1.2015 onwards, their pension is calculated in accordance with the provisions of articles 3 and 4 of Law 3865/2010.
d. For the officers of the Armed Forces and the Security Forces, who are not subject to the provisions of paragraphs a and b and establish the right to a pension from 1.1.2015 onwards, they are entitled to a pension, as long as they have reached the age of sixty (60) or forty (40) years of pensionable service, in which cumulatively include:
(1) The time of actual pensionable service, as determined in the provisions of the Code of Civil and Military Pensions (p.d. 169/2007), as it is valid today.
(2) The time of pensionable service which is considered to be doubled up to five (5) years, as specified in article 40 of the Civil and Military Pensions Code (p.d. 169/2007), as it applies today.
4. It follows from the above that the 40 pensionable years or the 60th year for leaving the armed forces with retirement is a state law since 2010, which specifically mentions 40 years AGGREGATELY, as to these are added the Combat years, fictitious times, term of office, study time and work in a public or private institution, before joining the Armed Forces, with the calculation of consecutive insurance according to article 5 of law 3863/10.
5. As it can be seen, there is no reason to worry about any change and all the publications lack a legal basis.
ANTH/GOS (EM) SPARGIS IOANNIS
VICE PRESIDENT OF INSURANCE AND
Read the original at Defence247.gr