On Tuesday, June 6, 2023, the Minister of National Defense Mr. Alkiviadis Stefanis and the Chief of the GETHA General Konstantinos Floros attended the Departure Procession of the Honorary Chief of the GETHA General Michael Costarakos, which was held at the Holy Cathedral of God Sophia in Thessaloniki, under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary Metropolitan Thessaloniki etc. Anthimos and Most Reverend Metropolitan of Neapolis and Stavroupolis etc. Barnabas.
The deceased was paid the prescribed honors and the Funeral Procession was also attended by:
● The Ministers of Citizen Protection Mr. Charalambos Lalousis and of Climate Crisis and Civil Protection Mr. Evangelos Tournas.
● The Regional Governor of Central Macedonia Mr. Apostolos Tzitzikostas.
● The Secretary General of the Ministry of National Defense Mr. Antonios Oikonomou.
● GES Chief Lt. Gen. Angelos Houdeloudis.
● The Commander of the 1st ARMY/EU-OHQ Lieutenant General Ioannis Tsioplos and the Commander of the 3rd SS/NRDC-GR Lieutenant General Paris Kapravelos.
● ATA Deputy Commander-in-Chief (I) Nikolaos Kouroumanis as the Chief’s representative GEA Vice-Admiral (I) Themistoklis Bourolias and Inspector General PN Vice-Admiral (M) Panagiotis Dimitroglou PN as a representative of the Chief of General Staff Vice-Admiral Ioannis Drymousis PN.
● Active and retired Officers.
To see the funeral addressed by the Head of GEETHA, click here here.
Read the original at Defence247.gr