From Sunday 15 to Thursday 26 October 2023, and in the context of the international collaborations of the Hellenic Armed Forces that have been launched and are being carried out based on the overall planning of the Greek Armed Forces, the Multinational Exercise “AEGEAN SEAL I/2023” was held in the wider maritime area of the southern Euboean gulf.
“AEGEAN SEAL I/2023” is a LIVEX/INVITEX (Live Exercise/Invitation Exercise) exercise organized and directed by the Undersea Disaster Management (SDM) of the Fleet Headquarters (AS), and aims to train and increase the operational capabilities of participants in anti-narcotics operations.
Personnel from Germany, Estonia, the USA, Italy and Poland also participated in the Exercise. The Hellenic Armed Forces participated with personnel and means, as below:
• The General Support Vessel (GUS) ATLAS I.
• 1 Helicopter (E/P) CH-47D.
• 1 E/P S-70 of the Naval Aviation Command.
• 2 Unorthodox Warfare-Fast Transport Vessels (SAP-TM).
• 3 RIB-11 (Naval Special Warfare Rigid Inflatable Boat) Special Operations Boats.
• 7 Speed Boats (T/X) AETOS.
• 1 Unorthodox Warfare Group (UWG) of the Undersea Disaster Management (SDM).
• 1 Mine Action Team (MINE/VSW).
• 1 Snipers Item.
• 1 Management and Control Element.
• 1 Support Item.
During it, complex operational scenarios were implemented with an emphasis on Naval Special Operations and specifically on pre-landing Very Shallow Water (VSW) Minesweeping and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD / Counter Improvised Explosive Devices) operations -IED), which contributed to advancing the level of operational readiness and combat capability, as well as strengthening interoperability and the level of cooperation with friendly and allied Countries.
Read the original at Defence247.gr