Helicopter crash – One dead

There were four people on the flight, all believed to be British

An accident with one fatality occurred on Monday afternoon in the area of ​​Agios Georgios Spatas.

According to the first information, the tragic event happened when the helicopter was coming from Mykonos and landed in Spata.

After landing, a young man aged 20-22 was fatally injured by the propeller.

More specifically, for unknown reasons – until now – he went to the tail and was dismembered by the rear propeller, as a result of which he lost his life.

Private helicopter

The same sources speak of a private flight chartered by British tourists.

There were four people on the flight, all believed to be British.

EL.AS forces, as well as an ambulance, have rushed to the scene.
The chronicle of the tragedy

More specifically, a group of Britons were returning with two private helicopters from Mykonos where they had spent their holidays at a heliport in Spata. After disembarking, they intended to travel to Eleftherios Venizelos Airport, board the family’s private jet and return to Britain.

The two helicopters were flying one behind the other. The first Bell 407 helicopter of the Superior Air company, with four passengers and a crew of one pilot, landed at the Helipad company’s helipad located at the end of the Lolos multipurpose hall in Spata, very close to the Eleftherios Venizelos airport. In the second helicopter following, were the parents of the 21-year-old who lost his life.

After the landing of Bell 407, according to “Proto Thema”, the four passengers were removed from the helipad area to board the cars that would take them to Eleftherios Venizelos Airport.

See also  An Arab channel warns of a caravan of 40,000 migrants in Evros

The unfortunate 21-year-old from Britain had just got off the helicopter. Under circumstances that have not yet been clarified, he hit the tail rotor of the helicopter which was in operation and was still rotating, killing him tragically.

The second helicopter, where the parents of the 21-year-old Briton were on board, was following and had not yet landed when the tragic accident occurred. The two operators communicated after the dramatic incident and the pilot of the second helicopter requested and received permission to land at the helipad of Eleftherios Venizelos, so that the British would not collapse upon seeing the terrifying event.

Related Posts