On Wednesday, January 17, 2024, the first meeting of the new Supreme Military Council (SMC) was held at the headquarters of the General Staff of the Army, at the “STRATARCHOU ALEXANDROS PAPAGOU” Camp.
The meeting was graced by the presence of the Chief of the General Staff of the National Defense, General Dimitrios Houpis, where he addressed the members of the ASS.
The new composition of the ASS is as follows:
– Lieutenant General Georgios Kostidis, Chief of GES
– Lieutenant General Demokritos Konstantakos, Commander of the 1st Army/EU-OHQ
– Lieutenant General Spyridon Alfantakis, Inspector General of the Army
– Lieutenant General Andreas Koronakis, Deputy Chief of General Staff
– Lieutenant General Stavros Papastathopoulos, Commander 4th SS
– Lieutenant General Emmanuel Theodorou, ASDEN Commander
– Lieutenant General Athanasios Sardellis, Commander of SETHA
– Lieutenant General Dimitrios Bolomytis, ASDYS Commander
– Lieutenant General Prokopios Mavraganis, Commander of the Special Warfare Command
– Lt. Gen. Michail Klouvas, Inspector of Defense Reorganization at GEETHA – Coordinator of Construction Management and Natural Disaster Management – Commander of Construction Management and Natural Disaster Management (since its activation)
– Lieutenant General Dimitrios Vakentis, Chief of Staff GES
– Lieutenant General Athanasios Garinis, Commander 3rd SS/NRDC – GR.
Read the original at Defence247.gr